Dr. Israel Martinez, LCSW, Certified Sex Therapist
I am a gay man (pronouns: he, him) who has been working with the LGBTQ+ community on a professional basis for close to 20 years. This background provides me with unique expertise on issues that tend to be a part of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer experience. I began my mental health work with the LGBTQ+ community at the New York City Gay and Lesbian Anti-Violence Project, and enhanced my experience with clinical positions at the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center and Gay Men's Health Crisis (GMHC).
In addition to my clinical experience with the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender community, I have published a book (Helping Gay Men Find Love: Tips for Guys on Dating and Beginning a Healthy Relationship), am an American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT) certified sex therapist, and provide trainings, lectures, and supervision to other therapists working with the LGBTQ+ and consensually non-monogamous communities.
- Modern Sex Therapy Institutes
- Columbia University, Master of Science in Social Work
- University of Pennsylvania, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Couples Therapy (Developmental Model)
- Sex Therapy (AASECT certified; Institute for Sexuality Education and Enlightenment; Modern Sex Therapy Institutes)
- Group Psychotherapy
To better serve the LGBTQ+ community, I brought on to my team a therapist that shares my enthusiasm and passion for working with LGBTQ+ clients: Patience Moore, LCSW.